Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mostly pictures...

I haven't been much in the mood for this thing because I don't want to sound all sad and stuff because of the funk I have been in. The funk is from being sick of Arizona! I do not like it here I'm over it and ready to go back to a place with grass!!!! I hate cactus (we don't have any at our house) but there's plenty of it everywhere else! why do people even like it?? it's so ugly! there's weeds coming up between the rock in the backyard and I actually asked Andy not to kill them yet because at least they are green! so sad I know...poor moose would love to be outside more and Dixie doesn't even know what grass is since she came from snow to this ugly place! ok I'm done complaining now...

So I have lotsa pictures mostly of the dogs of course! we took them hiking... not so fun because right when we stepped out of the car (no joke!) moose stepped in cactus and dix had a ball of cactus on her arm :( this kind of thing continued all during our lil adventure and of course when Dixie was the injured she was very dramatic as she always is. not to mention it was not even pretty it was just desert...oh sorry I said no more complaining..

We also spent a weekend (valentines weekend) at the river visiting my mom so moose got to play with his friends and they played in the river which was nice!

Andy comes home in the morning from being gone in Florida for the last 2 weeks.

Oh and miss Dixie Doodle has some little things going on that prompted a 2 hour vet visit. after her last shots she started biting her are in the same place and made herself a bald spot and was starting to do the same in a few other places and they really seemed to be hurting her so the vet did a skin scrapping..they took a razor blade and scraped her skin down to nothing until it bled so they could test it in multiple spots (poor baby) this of course created more bald spot than just the one :( and since she's black they are very noticeable. well it turns out she has some form of non-contagious (thank goodness) mange. the way it was explained to me is everyone including dogs have those mites that live on you and they are usually never a problem because your immune system keeps them in check, but Dixie had a dip in hers for some reason and has not been strong enough to fight the lil buggers off. poor pretty puppy...so now she has this liquid medicine i have to squirt in her mouth for 30 days with all these different things because it's a different amount everyday...but I am happy to report it's been almost 2 weeks and some of her hair is growing back! yay!! oh and I forgot to mention what a porker she is...she is up to 20 pounds!!! she doesn't look like she is that heavy but when you pick her up you feel it! And moo is 65lbs. he's only gained 2 lbs since Aug so we think he's done growing and hoping Dixie won't be bigger than him because both of her parents made moose look like a runt! ok that's enough here comes lotsa pictures of my adorable babies!

I found the perfect shade of pink to match her collar :)

on our hike

at the top of the mountain that was more like a hill


don't let her fool you she's a daddy's girl

my babies

poor moo with a cactus nose


and a cactus foot..dixie making sure he's ok

told you..she's a daddy's girl and he equally loves her to pieces although he won't admit it because he didn't want another one in the first place

sleepy heads on my lap on the way home..yes they both sit on my lap because I can't let one and not the other...bad mom i know!

pretty river girl

he loves visiting grandma...can you tell?!

hehehe i just thought it was funny with his ears and big lips!


moo under water getting the ball

he got it!

isn't she pretty

I didn't realize till I got home that I got these pics of them that were almost identical! yes that is dixie I know she looks big but she's more zoomed in than him...they look the same but so so different! the females are just different looking in the face and moose well he doesn't look like your average black and tan coonhound..he's much more handsome! that and he has more brown and he's smaller and a skinny lil thing but he's perfect to us!

that's all I got for now! hope evryone is doing good!

xoxo

0 comments: