So before I left for California I noticed Dixie scratching her ear and thought maybe they were dirty (even though I am always cleaning their big floppy ears!) so i cleaned them and they weren't even dirty and just forgot about it....right before we were leaving to come home on our last day she was scratching it and was crying so I lifted up her ear and wanted to cry! It was bright red and bleeding like crazy! the blood was from her scratching...we got home and she cried for 2 days straight in agony poor girl before i could finally get her an appointment. It was heartbreaking her sad little cries and sweet pathetic helpless face :( So I left Moose home for this vet trip (he flipped poor guy) and took her to a new vet. We stopped and got her McDonald's for breakfast (hehe) on the way. She was such a good girl despite all her pain! she just stood on the table and tried to kiss the vet to death when he came close enough...sweet thing! so they came back with the results from the swab saying she had a "severe" yeast infection in her ear! they said it was probably from the trip we took to the river a couple weeks before from the water. So she has medicine that his pretty much impossible to give her by yourself but I have no choice since Andy's never home! shes to the point now that when she sees me grab paper towels she tucks her head and hides her ear really low and runs and tries to hide! its so sad but I have to give it to her. I'm sure it isn't fun having stuff squirted in your ear! Shes doing much better now thank goodness! here she is in all her cuteness...(took these with my phone)
LOVE her!!
oh i forgot... she weighs 44 pounds now! we think she has reached a little plateau because we dont think shes grown really at all lately but moose was done growing by 9 months old and dixie turned 8 months yesterday so we'll see! maybe she wont grow anymore at all and look like a baby forever ;)
xoxo
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Doodles Vet Visit
Posted by Nicole at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment